Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Questions abound when you haven’t played a Whodunnit Mystery Game or team builder activities before…or in awhile. Click on the tabs below to answer common questions we receive. If you can’t find an answer to your question, click on the “Contact Us” tab above with email and phone information.
- How much space do you have? If you are having the party in a home versus a larger space (office, church, school, banquet hall, bed and breakfast, etc.) can help you decide what size game to purchase. Some games are smaller than other (Follow the Flag, Mystery from Space, Lucky Pooch Choker, etc.) while others start with a larger number of participants (Death Sails on the Oceania, Cattle Skull Crossing, etc.)
- Inside or outside? If you decide to throw an outdoor party, then maybe a game that is more location bound (like Castle Glenn, Mystery Manor or Death Leaves on Track 13) doesn’t make the most sense. But one that lends itself to the outdoors would be better — Follow the Flag, Hawaiian Holiday, The Fox, Cattle Skull Crossing or other outdoor oriented games would be easier (and less decorating!).
- Party Size? Size of the party venue matters when deciding which game to select, but also keep in mind how many people you want to interact with and how many main parts you would like to have in play. For the most part, games with characters numbering 1-20 have individual player parts.
Once you get above 20 characters, “teams” are used. Teams can number from 2-5/6 people. Teams are labeled to coincide with the storyline of the game. For example, Death Sails on the Oceania has teams consisting of Life Boat Crews. While members of these teams may not have individual parts, they do have individual votes at the end of the game and act as questioners of all other members…including other teams!
To see if the game you are considering has individual parts or a mixture of individual parts and teams, click on the available “Character List” provided for each game.
- Gender? Do you want an all-boys game? All-girls? Mixed gender? Maybe you want some flexibility in the genders. You get to decide! You can click on the “All Games” tab to open up the page that lists the number of players as well as if it is a specific gender or mixed gender. Click on each game to view the “Character List” to see how many of each gender is required.
Whodunnit mysteries offers a variety of themed games.
- CRIME: To decide what kind of crime you want to solve (espionage/spy, intrigue, murder, or theft), hover over the “All Games” tab at the top and click on the “Kind of Crime”. Click on whichever to see which games match up with the type of crime you want to solve!
- GENRE/THEME: Other than the type of crime, you can also decide what genre/theme of party you want to throw. Do you want a costume party? Choose your Own Ending? Disability Awareness? Haunted House? Historial? Present Day? Something else? Hover over the “All Games” tab at the top of the page, click on “Theme or Genre” and select the genre you are interested in.
Click on the Example Hosting Packet to see what is included in a typical packet. [Example Hosting Packet]
You can either email the invitation as an attachment or print and mail it — whichever you want!
Click on this link to see an example of an invitation. [Example Invitation]
You can download a game ONE time and have up to SEVEN (7) days to access the game. After that, the game and your access has expired.
If you have lost some parts from the first game, just email us and tell us what you need. Each lost/reprinted part is $5.00.
Whodunnit Mysteries does not offer refunds or exchanges for our games. Due to the nature of the delivery (print or PDF), we cannot prevent a customer from using a game or verify it has not been used. Throughout our website, there are previews or examples of what games look like and consist of, including game stories, cast lists, example character packets, and example hosting packets — all done to ensure you pick the game and product that best meets your needs before paying for it. Please view these examples before purchasing a game.
Due to the timeliness of our delivery (immediate PDF or 3-5 business day shipping for printed game), once an order is placed, it cannot be altered.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
You are able to select the type of crime by hovering your cursor over the “All Games” tab at the top of the screen. Hover over the “Kind of Crime” and you can select Espionage/Spy, Intrigue, Murder, or Theft.
We have been amazed when we play the same game three different times with three different groups of people, the accusations and votes for the killer will be completely different each time. It depends on how strongly the people play their parts, how well the clues are brought out, and how well the murderer plays his/her part. We feel that it isn’t so important that you figure out who the culprit is all the time, but that you have fun.
Every game is different, and whether most people solve the mystery depends on how the questioning went and how well the murderer played his/her part. The most important thing is, not if everyone solved the murder, but if they had a good time.
If you order a game to be shipped to you and a downloadable/Instant Access Game at the same time, only the games printed and mailed to you will be charged shipping and handling.