Custom Murder Mystery Games
Whodunnit Mysteries has been writing mystery games for more than 30 years, so we know a thing or two about writing fun, creative games.
Looking for something a little less off the shelf?
Because we are a small, family owned business, we have the flexibility to change up the games to meet your needs.
- Modify an existing game with a location or names of your choice.
- Add or delete characters in an existing game to fit your needs, or….
- Create a custom game. You choose the theme, type of crime and number of players.
Modifications to Game
Custom Game Costs/Creation Timelines
In an ideal world, the average custom mystery game takes 90 days to create. This gives Whodunnit Mysteries enough time to converse with you over the details of the game, do research, write character parts and supplemental information, find recipes and resources for your customized Pinterest board, test the game (and re-test if changes are needed), design and format each component of the game, create artwork, and present it all to you — wrapped up in a pretty bow!
General pricing guidelines are listed below, but are not final. A final quote can be based on a variety of factors. To get a specific time/cost quote from Whodunnit Mysteries, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss options with you.
- 6-8 Player Game | $150
- 10-14 Player Game | $200
- 15-19 Player Game | $275
- 20-24 Player Game | $350
- 25-50 Player Game | $350 +$50 for each new 5-person team
- 1 additional Part | $20
- If you need your game in 60 Days, please add $100
- If you need your game in 30 Days, please add $200
- If you need your game in 15 Days, please add $350
Please contact us if you need your custom game in less than 15 days.
Each mystery game party includes the following:
- Story of the crime and circumstances for the party/gathering
- List of cast members
- Individual character packets, with costume/acting suggestions
- “Rules” for playing the game
- Hosting Packet, which includes instructions on how to play the game, timing and organization tips for the host, how to plan the party and select player parts, clues/memory joggers, etc.
- Historical background if necessary
- A summary of who, how, and why the crime was done
- Decision booklet (for Choose Your Own Ending games)
- Description of props, if needed
- FREE personalized invitation – email or print and mail
- Link to a customized Pinterest Board for your game with decorating, food, and costume ideas!